Bend-tech is pleased to announce we have recently become a partner with the Carbon Neutral plant-a-tree program. For every invoice we generate a tree will be planted in the mid-west of WA by the Carbon Neutral team!
Carbon Neutral helps organisations minimise their impact on the environment through programs that help measure, reduce and offset greenhouse gas emissions. They specialise in biodiverse reforestation and carbon sinks in Western Australia and have planted over 29 million trees so far.
The plant-a-tree program focusses on biodiverse conservation plantings using trees and shrubs that are native to the region, bringing many valuable benefits to the environment:
- Sequester carbon,
- help reduce soil salinity,
- help combat wind and water erosion,
- enhance biodiversity, and
- restore habitat for native animals.
Woodlands and forests play a crucial role in cleaning and cooling the air, acting as natural water pumps to reduce dryland soil salinity. These pockets reduce erosion from wind and water, recycle nutrients for agriculture and support habitats for wildlife. Plant-a-tree aims to restore landscapes and preproduce natural ecosystems.
The Plant-a-Tree program also directly contributes to the following United Nations’ Sustainable Development Global Goals criteria:
- 13: Climate Action – Take urgent action to combat climate change and all its impacts
- 15: Life on Land – Protect, restore and promote sustainably managed forests combat desertification, halt and reverse land degradation and biodiversity loss.
- 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth – Promote sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all.
This is just one of the measures Bend-tech are taking to reduce our carbon footprint. We have continued to upgrade our solar generation capability and are always looking to take cleaner steps in our production processes.
For more information about Carbon Neutral’s plant-a-tree program visit their website: