Battery Lifting Cage
A partner in the Defence industry required a certified and safer solution to lifting batteries up onto vehicles, tanks and other platforms. Maintenance teams have in the past been required to lift these batteries manually or with an uncertified lifting device, carrying with it the risk of injury or damage to the battery.
Using the knowledge gained from similar Bend-tech designs, we were able to engineer and construct a lifting cage to specifically suit the task requirements.
Lifting cage requirements:
- Heavy-duty steel construction
- Forklift pockets for easy mobility and transport
- Lifting lugs for crane access
- Storage of 2 batteries (55kg each) with no movement
- Front swing-open hinge for easy access
- Painted to site requirements
- Engineered and certified to Australian Standards
The revised cage design was handed over to the design and engineering team to complete concept drawings for our client.
After the concepts were approved, the design moved onto engineering where it was put through our extensive certification process. The production drawings were then completed, and the project moved onto fabrication for delivery to the client.
There are a range of Bend-tech lifting and handling designs suited for other specific requirements and for more general use. Get in contact with the team today to discuss how we can help streamline your maintenance safety and efficiency.